Sunday Morning: December 29, 2002
Text: Galatians 1:10-19 "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
13. For ye have heard of my conversation (or way of life) in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 14. And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
15. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16. To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen [Gentiles]; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
17. Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
18. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
19. But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother."
Galatians 1:15 "But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,"
Acts 9:3-6 "And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4. And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5. And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 6. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do."
Acts 9:15-16 "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16. For I will show him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake."
Galatians 1:11-12 "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation [from the verb to take off the cover, i.e. disclose], of Jesus Christ."
Acts 9:17-18 "And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
Acts 16:31 "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
18. And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized."
Luke 24:27 "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself."
Luke 24:45 "Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"
Galatians 1:16 "To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen [Gentiles]; . . ."
Acts 9:20 "And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues (saved Jews), that he is the Son of God."
Luke 22:70 "Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am."
Luke 23:2-3 "And they began to accuse him, . . . saying that he himself is Christ a King. 3. And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it."
Galatians 1:13-14 "For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 14. And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers."
Acts 22:3-4 "I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day. 4. And I persecuted this way unto the death, . . . ."
Galatians 1:11 "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man."
Romans 16:25-26 "Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26. But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations [Gentiles] for the obedience of faith (to please God, not common salvation):"
Ephesians 3:3-6 "How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4. Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5. Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6. That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:"
2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 "But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation (so great salvation and not the common) through sanctification of the spirit and belief of the truth:
1 Thessalonians 5:9 "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain [purchase, buy, acquire] salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,"
14. (that salvation) Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining [purchase, buy, acquire] of the glory (positional honor) of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Revelation 3:21 "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."
15. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word (of mouth), or our epistle."