Sunday Morning:† November 21, 2004
Text: Romans 1:13-15 †"Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles. 14. I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. 15. So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also."
Romans 1:13† "Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles."
Matthew 21:43† "Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."
Matthew 7:15-23† "Beware of false prophets (teachers), which come to you in sheep's clothing (they say Lord, Lord and donít do the will of the Father), but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16. Ye shall know them by their fruits (lifestyle and doctrine). Do men gather grapes (fruit) of thorns, or figs (fruit) of thistles?
Matthew 3:8† "Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:"
17. Even so every good tree (teacher) bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree (teacher) bringeth forth evil fruit. 18. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22. Many (prophets, teachers) will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied (taught) in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you (he denied them): depart from me, ye that work iniquity [lawless]."
John 15:1-5, 8† "I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2. Every branch in me that beareth [present active] not fruit he taketh [present active] away: and every branch that beareth [present active] fruit, he purgeth [present active] it, that it may bring forth [present active] more fruit.
3. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear [present active] fruit of itself, except it abide [present active, to continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, stay] in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide [present active] in me.
5. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth [present active, to continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, stay] in me, and I in him, the same bringeth [present active] forth much fruit: for without me ye can do [present active] nothing.
8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear [present active] much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples."
Mark 14:25† "Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God."
Judges 9:13† "And the vine said unto them, Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man, . . ?"
Proverbs 25:13† "As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters."
Hebrews 13:15† "By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name."
Philippians 1:10-11† "That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; 11. Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God."
Galatians 5:22-23† "But the fruit of the (Abba) Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."
Galatians 4:6† "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father."
Mark 14:36† "And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt."
Romans 12:10† "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;"
Romans 12:13-17† "Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality. 14. Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. 15. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. 16. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. 17. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men."
Hebrews 10:24† "And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:"
Matthew 21:18-20† "Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered. 19. And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever [age]. And presently the fig tree withered away. 20. And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!"
Psalms 1:3† "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."